Do you sell hats online? Due to the custom nature of our hat shaping and sizing, we do not sell hats in our online shop. Please come and visit us! We are open everyday.
Do you ship hats? We do not ship hats from the shop. We are a small team and do not have the bandwidth to handle shipping. If you’d like to ship your hat, however, we offer complimentary hat boxes for felt hats, otherwise they are $5. These are the nearest shipping facilities:
- UPS - 2407 S Congress Ave Ste E, Austin, TX 78704
- USPS - 3903 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
- FedEx Shipsite in Office Depot - 2101 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
Are walk-ins welcome for custom shaping? Yes, walk-ins are always welcome! It’s worth noting Monday through Thursday are relatively slower compared to the weekend (Friday-Sunday). If you are coming in to do a custom shape, please come at least 1 hr before close! The process can take up to an hour.
How do I determine my hat size? We assist you in finding the right size in the shop! If you’re curious, Stetson has a guide on how to measure your head and determine your hat size. View it here.
What is the hat shaping process and how long does it take? First, we get you properly sized, discuss color options as well as crown and brim styles. Then we start shaping! We have hat bands, feathers and pins for additional customization. The whole process takes between 25 minutes to an hour.
Can I book a private event? If you want to book a private event with 15 or more people, email us at email@example.com. We have hosted bachelorette parties, company events, and more.
Can I bring my personal hat to be styled, cleaned, or reshaped? Due to increased holiday traffic and demand for 3rd party hat services, we have had to update our policies and can no longer reshape, style or clean 3rd party hats.
How do I clean my hat? We recommend three tools --- a horse hair brush, a lint roller, and a bit of high grit sandpaper (120-200 grit).
- Use the horse hair brush to knock off larger debris and get into the creases.
- Lint rollers are great for picking up any deeper ingrained particles.
- Sand paper is used to buff out stains.
- If you do get a stain on your hat, wait for the stain to dry 24 hours before buff.
- Brush felt counterclockwise to finish.
Do I need to tip my shaper? Tipping your shaper is not necessary, but always greatly appreciated :)